Thursday 27 June 2024

Reporting from the Downs Again- Day 16 | Saltdean

Day 16 - SaltDean to Hove & The Heavy E-Bike

So, today was all about cycling again. If you have been following me so far, you know we had a big technology failure a few days back when we attempted cycling from Saltdean. But this time, we came prepared. We unlocked a bike from the lock like a pro. And I sat on it with a proud smile only to realise it was an e-bike and not the normal stuff.

Now with e-bikes, there are a few pros and cons. Pro being, if you are riding with a bunch of extremely efficient, semi-pro cyclists then it gives you that additional pedal power which you do not possess. In my case, this couldn’t be more true! Con being, it is extremely heavy and if you have the wind behind, you end up not working at all and your legs on the pedals feel like jelly! In my case, this happened too! 


But nonetheless, I did do some cycling on the beautiful undercliff path from Saltdean all the way to Brighton Hove and back. It was way more civil today with zero crowd. I was very keen to cycle all the way out to Shoreham and have one of those orange cakes again but I was not allowed! Going to Shoreham would mean coming off the cycle path and I was accused of being too novice and inexperienced to be riding on the road. Anyway, we did cycle in the Brighton arms though, dodging the waves splashing and spraying all over us. Whilst coming off the arm, I hit the bike in front as I was too slow to realise he had put his brake on but it was a minor incident and not to be fussed about.

I love cycling. I wish I could do it more!

It was some 4-5 hours of cycling and the heavy e-bike metre shot up to some ~50£! We ended our cruise and relished the end of the day with some buttery crumpets, a short walk around the town and fresh-out-of-the-oven chimichangas for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Couple of days in Mayapur-Nabadwip

চা কি খাবোনা আমরা? - রিকি মায়াপুর না নবদ্বীপ ? ভাবলেই মাথা ঢিপ ঢিপ ! টোটো-র হর্ন আর মন্দিরের ভীড় , কচুরি পানা ভরা জল জলঙ্গীর ... তিলক কেটে...