Monday 24 June 2024

Reporting from the Downs Again- Day 12 | Shoreham & Burgess Hill

Day 12 - More Patisserie & Some Swim

I love food. I eat a lot. And I have insane cravings. But I do not regret any of this. I feel pretty blessed that I have the culinary sense that enables me to appreciate the nuances of different kinds of food. In other words, last week when I visited the French patisserie in Shoreham, I had a huge conflict of interest between a moist orange cake and a creamy custard Danish pastry. The cake did win that day but the Danish pastry had been haunting my taste buds ever since!

I just realised I have got no photo from this day that can be posted in this blog! Hence, a Danish custard pic from the internet. Mine looked better !


So, the first trip of the day was to Shoreham patisserie shop by the beach. It was a lazy start today. There had been quite a lot of walking and travelling with more plans to do the same for the next few days. So, today was meant to be slow.

I got myself a huge apricot danish pastry filled with custard and sat on the beach, enjoying the same. Another sunny, clear day today with sparkling blue sea and a few windsurfers. Also, a cat walked into the beach! It was the first time ever I saw a cat on a beach, not sure if it was the first time for a cat too!

Afterwards, we drove to the Burgess hill Triangle for a swim. It was a pleasure being back in this pool, doing glides and trial-summersaults. The day ended with a visit to the local shop, having a hearty meal of spaghetti bolognese for dinner, watching laid back movies and gearing up for a trip the next morning. Till then..zzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Couple of days in Mayapur-Nabadwip

চা কি খাবোনা আমরা? - রিকি মায়াপুর না নবদ্বীপ ? ভাবলেই মাথা ঢিপ ঢিপ ! টোটো-র হর্ন আর মন্দিরের ভীড় , কচুরি পানা ভরা জল জলঙ্গীর ... তিলক কেটে...