Tuesday 1 March 2022

The Hilly Solitude - Day 4


Oh man! It was hectic. And interesting, in a way. The day started with a splitting headache which I carried over from yesterday. I got a bit carried away and came back home last night with an uncanny cold freezing my head with a severe pain. I thought sleep would make it alright but alas, no!

When in misery, I call mum and dad :D Sounds like a pretty selfish relationship, eh! Anyway, I took some med they advised and gulped down two cups of hot tea. I started feeling a lot like myself. But it was already too late for any morning venture and I had to get started for work.

Quick Peek before Work!

It is Shivaratri today. And even though I am not a religious person at heart, I am all hearts for any celebration of any kind. And this occasion served as a superb ice breaker amongst all the guests staying in this cottage. Our host took all of us to a very old temple nearby. We offered our prayer to Shiva, had a sip of bhaang prasad and rocked a little bit to the bhakti songs that were getting played in the temple; the vibe was more like a pub – DJ with high beats and loud blaring speakers and intoxicating bhaang!

Shivaratri Special Thali; Courtesy - My super host

On our way back, one of us wanted to climb up a little roadside hill for a surprise. We had to climb almost on all fours, but it was worth it. Very soon, we found ourselves standing under an umbrella of bright red and thick bunch of rhododendrons! The ground beneath our feet was a red and green carpet with the flowers dropping themselves every now and then on to the floor. The sunlight peeked through the long green trees; the flowers shone an even brighter red; there were smiles across every face.

Spot the reds! :D

And the rest of the day? Well, work got worse, meetings got crazy, deliveries got piled up. So, I will spare those boring details and leave you thinking of a bright yellow sun on a bunch of bright red rhododendrons…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ubud, Bali, Indonesia

Day 1 : PadangBai Ferry to Ubud centre, Campuhan Walk & Kecak dance! And then I dived my nose right into the touristy chaos and chatter...